PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2018, 00:37
b1lanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
And, the current Boeing FAA-approved checklists for runaway stab have no memory items, right?
Well if the Max is simply the next-next-next-final gen 737 then you would think those items would be inherited - with one exception. I do believe Boeing introduced some automation that is not typical of a legacy 737 Boeing product - i.e. MCAS.

The FAA example showed 25% of the group of volunteers not remembering memory items correctly for aircraft they flew. We don't know exactly what transpired in the prior 3 segments to 610 (for that matter we don't really know what happened on the flight deck of 610), but at least one crew 'seemed' to recover from a nose down trim experience on the way to Jakarta at a lower altitude (can I assume that 'I don't have to manually re-trim the bloody thing as often' might be a reason?). I really hope they find the CVR.

There are nearly 40 airlines/lease companys/corps that are flying the Max. I've seen the union statements in the US representing the three affected carriers, but what's happening on the International scene (other than Lion)? Very quiet. I get that the airlines don't want to suggest that some of their new fleet is unsafe (Electra/Comet anyone?). But there must be some dialog going on.