PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas board approves LCC
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2003, 08:10
Pigs Arse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shesgreatinthegalley
The only crew that went to AO were QF mainline techies. Ground staff (read qf) outsourced so the only crew recruited from scratch were the cabin crew!!!.
Spinout
Couldn't agree more. Link crews have had one hand tied behind their backs whenever they have come up for interviews. Failure of the unions to get together and get a proper intergration agreement and reduce the abilitity of Q to divide and conquer.
But Qantas seemed happy with the fact that if they don't get into mainline we save money on training cost only to have to pay when they all pissed of to other airlines. Go figure???
The only thing I don't get is this mad scramble to say I can do it cheaper than you. The airlines must be pissing themselves. Must be waiting for the day some w*nker walks in and says "listen for a coulpa bickies and a lolly I'll do it" I just want to fly big airplanes.
Then we can all sit back very smugly and say, gosh we are the most efficent pilots in the world.
I'm not advocating blindly ignoring what's going on in the world and sitting back on great big fat pay checks. But AO seem happy and so to the guys at Ryan air. Both on pretty good wickets.
Now back to skimpy. 737 800's I still think at the end of the day it will be either Jet Connect or mainline. 2 reasons. One group will pay for the endoresment themselves 2 the other group are already endorsed. A320 lookout