PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2018, 14:42
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Flightrider

I no longer hide behind a nom de plume as Tracey Curtis Taylor outed me in the long running saga elsewhere.

I agree that CWL is a major base and have some pretty strong connections with Rhoose as I soloed there back in 1981 and was one of the founders of the Cardiff Wales Flying Club.

I also spent many happy hours using Norwich both as a pilot and passenger before the disastrous sale by the local authorities to private investors who have turned it in to little more than a shed with a runway.

In the case of the latter their attitude and so called ‘airport development fee’ has not helped airlines such as Flybe gain regular passengers.

I see the same commercial suicide on UK city streets where a combination of business rates and anti car philosophies has led to a disaster for retailers.
22/04 There are/have been many airports that have no hope of sensible levels of traffic. DTV,NOR,DSA ( while LBA exist anyway), EXT, CWL ( while Bristol exists) HUY etc. They can only survive by diversification ( maintenance, aircraft parking etc. or local or government subsidy ( which PIK does along with many others e.g. INV, SYY). Especially with BREXIT and rising fuel costs.
Agreed.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 16th Nov 2018 at 14:58.