PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2018, 11:34
Hi_Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lord Farringdon
1. Has this been posted before? If so apologies. If no why not?

737fixer
November 14, 2018 Here is the procedure for Runaway trim from my companies MAX QRH. The revision Date is July 2017.

1 Control column. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hold firmly
2 Autopilot (if engaged) . . . . . . . . . . . . .Disengage
Do not re-engage the autopilot.
Control aircraft pitch attitude manually with
control column and main electric trim as
needed.
3 Autothrottle (if engaged). . . . . . . . . . .Disengage
Do not re-engage the autothrottle.
4 If the runaway stops after the autopilot is
disengaged.
■ ■ ■ ■
5 If the runaway continues after the autopilot is
disengaged:
STAB TRIM CUTOUT
switches (both) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . CUTOUT
If the runaway continues:
Stabilizer
trim wheel . . . . . . . . . . Grasp and hold
6 Stabilizer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Trim manually
7 Anticipate trim requirements.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –

That procedure WILL stop MCAS or any trim from operating the trim motor.

2. Was this the procedure available for Lion Air ie was it in their QRH too?
3. If it was perhaps that's the reason the other crews got out of this mess or alternatively perhaps that's why the 'possible' presence of a mech on the flight deck of the accident flight had a unwarranted influence in the outcome in that flight.
4. Plain as day the MAX will be the very last 737 series ever built. (Am I right? ) In order to achieve better fuel efficiency they fitted larger engines and turned a relatively stable frame into an unstable one and needed to 'augment' it to fly in some parts of the envelope.
5. Not telling aircrews that an augmentation system was introduced to the air frame that not only pitched the nose down in some unlikely flight regimes but also deliberately resisted the crews attempts to counteract it unless all the QRH procedures were followed to the end is really is ....well....litigious.
7.FAA certification of this frame on the basis of grandfathering systems while introducing an entirely counter intuitive system without training promulgation or QRH specifics (AD now issued) in order to meet economic requirements is ..well also litigious!!
I cannot gulp this. If the date of QRH JULY 2017 is true, why FAA had to issue AD this month and Boeing issue a special Memo to all airlines. We are living in the Fake news era. Why Fixer is not saying which airline QRH had this info?
I am not convinced about this post.