PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2018, 04:21
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easier said than done. There are 5 sets of contractors working at Luton who are working on 4 major projects. Then there are the dozens of subcontractors who are all doing their own thing so it is not always straight forward who is doing what. The projects are being carried out behind secure fences or in the case of the DART behind hordings. I am inclined not to loiter around a turnstile for long periods like a roving reporter hoping that I speak to an individual who has an oversight of the big picture.

Saying that I do actually have a senior contact for the principal contractor so I will send him an email and ask the question.

As for the rest of the DART outside the airport boundary work has recently started on the earthworks for the bridge that will cross the A1081 on the Parkway side. The steelwork for the bridge will be assembled on a pocket of land opposite the Ibis hotel and then taken to site. The span will be 72m long as it will have to cross a dual carriageway and at the same time the beginnings of the sliproad to the airport which is also two lanes.

Also I only take photos when I am in the mood and when there are enough changes to warrant them. With so much going on at the moment the frequency has gone up so it is a bit of a balancing act not to over do them here.

Finally guessing is half the fun so just think of it as a rumour.

Last edited by LTNman; 16th Nov 2018 at 06:40.