PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe AP has a 'Plummet' Mode?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2018, 16:32
airtrumpone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoFarFromHome
Interesting incident.

Experienced crew on board, certainly the Captain, so I think its a bit quick to assume automation dependency.

If you consider no FMA annunciations, no GA, no ALT etc and just look at where the FD is?

Are the pink bars/mustache pointing to the sky?

No....

If its not pointing to the sky, its not correctly set. STOP and correct it.

Isn’t it the case however that when ‘we’ are feeling rushed, that is exactly the time to slow down, you know there will be errors, let us create the time we need to catch and fix them. Unfamiliar airport, tired from these preceding duties I would not be adding distractions with single engine taxi or other frivolous distractions.

TEM.

My biggest concern is that it took 15 seconds or so to notice the aircraft was not doing as it should be. Where was the scan, what were they doing? The PF’s eyes should be focused on the flight path and nothing else. PM should be backing him up, checklists can come later, much later.

yes very expierenced Captain, incrediabley clever, it was once said that if you asked him the time he would build you a clock ( or tell you how to build one), needless to say no one ever asked a second time.