PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all Pilot Mothers or those who know them
Old 14th Nov 2018, 16:49
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hamo09
Good day everyone.

I am looking for feedback or any words of wisdom from female pilots or those who know female pilots. I am right on the cusp of making a decision to embark on training (0-ATPL). My only concern is regarding my nine month old Son. Can a female pilot have the best of both worlds?

I figured that this is the best time to start my journey. My Son is now at an age where he can go to daycare whilst I attend flight school, but still small enough to not be tied to a location for school.

At 31 years old I feel that it is now or never, and the thought of me having to return to a Finance job makes me want to cry!

I have come across some stories online of Women who have had multiple children and still have a great career. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I'd love to exchange email addresses with anyone who would be happy to share their experiences.

Many thanks
Wife and I are both airline pilots for 20 years, two kids around 10. First make sure you know about the airline life, being gone half the year on multi-day trips, birthdays, Christmas isn't for everyone, you will need some solid family support. Next make sure you are able to get a medical and have the aptitude to become an airline pilot (I did a SIM grading before investing in my career). See about what grants are available to help you financially. Look into a membership with Women in Aviation Women In Animation | WIA for help, info and support. Let me know if you have more questions...