PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach ban 1000ft point
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2018, 18:16
alexious85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Approach ban 1000ft point

Before posing the question , I’m including the EASA reference to the approach ban :
The commander or the pilot to whom conduct of the flight has been delegated may commence an instrument approach regardless of the reported RVR/VIS.
If the reported RVR/VIS is less than the applicable minimum the approach shall not be continued: (1) below 1 000 ft above the aerodrome; or
(2) into the final approach segment in the case where the DA/H or MDA/H is more than 1 000 ft above the aerodrome.
d) If, after passing 1 000 ft above the aerodrome, the reported RVR/VIS falls below the applicable minimum, the approach may be continued to DA/H or MDA/H.

So you can start an approach regardless of the reported RVR , you can continue it after the 1000ft point even the VIS/RVR
if less than minimum but just before reaching the 1000ft point you are not allowed to continue if the reported value is less than minimum. My question is simple . If a pilot were to take his/her chance and continue at the 1000ft point while the reported VIS/RVR value is below the minimum of the respective procedure , is this to be considered some violation of some sort ? ( I don’t see how ) . Is the ATC automatically responsible for reporting you in such case?
I don’t want to be rude I need people who have positive knowledge on this issue to reply not just random opinions and assumptions.