PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2018, 17:57
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

Thanks, Dave, suspected as much about wing chord line. OTOH I wouldn't be using the bird versus fuselage reference for anything but gross maneuvers as we saw in AF447. That plane had the "bird" out of sight well berlow the fuselage/wing chord reference symbol

And @ Ken........ Good friggin grief, PLZ explain what good is a system that is suppoded to "help" we mortal pilots and has a fault that results in uncommanded and large trim changes at exactly the wrong time - like just after takeoff and flaps are coming up with associated trim change ( unlike Airbus, best I can see). We could care less how many "other folks" knew about MCAS, and considering that their testing and such was based on their kniowledge of how the feature was supposed to work. And did they flight test the feature with AoA sensor failure or other sensor inputs to the FCC? But the poor sob that was supposed to save the day by going "not so" manual, didn't have a chance. I especilly like the part that gives you a few seconds to get all the switches off and/or circuit breakers pulled before you get the full nose down trim once again. GASP!

Whole thing should be very scary to mortal pilots, and I am very upset with Boeing, as I always thot that made very good planes and they were pilot-friendly.

Gums sends...

Last edited by gums; 13th Nov 2018 at 18:07. Reason: typos