PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - dilemma
Thread: dilemma
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2003, 01:44
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helos? Moi?

To the fling-wing fraternity I must confess that I have all of about two hours rotary-wing time, mostly courtesy of a friend who was doing sling-loads, when he let me fly his Bell 212 on the empty sectors.

Boy, oh boy, that thing sure seemed like work to me! Everything in sight was jumping up and down in synch with those big blades whizzing past while this noise from overhead, like a washing machine full of nuts and bolts provided the soundtrack. Plus all that, it was about 35 degrees C. in there and I had to hunch over the controls like Quasimodo, which let the vibes really get to work on the old spinal column.

I was never so glad to get back in a Twin Otter in my life. If flying a helicopter is your idea of pleasure then you must spend some of your drinking vouchers on sessions with Miss Whiplash!

I will stick with glider flying. I have an FAA Commercial Glider license, so that I know a little bit more about gliders than helos, of which I am blissfully almost completely ignorant. Sorree!