PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible medically impaired controller-LAS
Old 13th Nov 2018, 06:07
Spotted Reptile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A Squared
Well, I'll give you one thing, you're persistent. So, how do you explain the security alert? That name checks out with other sources online that the individual listed is (or was) in fact an Air Traffic Controller at Las Vegas. You don;t sent around a security alert with instructions to call 911 and mention possible access to firearms for someone who just took medical retirement. I suppose it's *possible* that at the same time the woman in the tower had a stroke, there was *also* an incident involving another female controller at Las Vegas whcih resulted in the security bulletin, but that's starting to be a pretty large coincidence, isn't it?
She may have well been a security risk; but at the time the FAA made their original statement none of this was forthcoming, so the news agencies made up their own stories with the "fired' angle. At the time of the FAA statement she was "currently not working air traffic." Of course, later events will sort out the reality and yes my post will be overtaken by events, that's what investigations do isn't it. Of course I'm persistent, I'm also pedantic, but it doesn't mean I was wrong at the time, but feel free to score points if you wish.