PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible medically impaired controller-LAS
Old 13th Nov 2018, 05:26
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spotted Reptile
"Seems like more than medical leave for a neurological incident."

I guess you don't realise how news agencies work. One story is created which is then sold to thousands of news outlets usually via a media distribution agency. The outlets then create their own headlines and bylines. But the source is still the same one, and in this case, inaccurate. Just because it's repeated 100 times doesn't make it correct.
I've given you as direct an origin as I can, i.e. the FAA who actually put out the original statement, and you're still quoting news media as if they MUST be more accurate since there are more of them?
Go to THE source. Not "a source".
Well, I'll give you one thing, you're persistent. So, how do you explain the security alert? That name checks out with other sources online that the individual listed is (or was) in fact an Air Traffic Controller at Las Vegas. You don;t sent around a security alert with instructions to call 911 and mention possible access to firearms for someone who just took medical retirement. I suppose it's *possible* that at the same time the woman in the tower had a stroke, there was *also* an incident involving another female controller at Las Vegas whcih resulted in the security bulletin, but that's starting to be a pretty large coincidence, isn't it?