PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible medically impaired controller-LAS
Old 13th Nov 2018, 03:37
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spotted Reptile
I guess you don't realise how news agencies work. One story is created which is then sold to thousands of news outlets usually via a media distribution agency. The outlets then create their own headlines and bylines. But the source is still the same one, and in this case, inaccurate. Just because it's repeated 100 times doesn't make it correct.
I've given you as direct an origin as I can, i.e. the FAA who actually put out the original statement, and you're still quoting news media as if they MUST be more accurate since there are more of them?
Go to THE source. Not "a source".
Perhaps you didn't read this quote I posted above:

Originally Posted by Airbubba
Since the release of this statement the air traffic controller is no longer with the FAA.
I would say that the FAA's 'original statement' has been overtaken by events and you may be a little behind the times on the latest developments in this news story. But that's OK.

I don't look for the FAA to put out any further updates since this is now a personnel matter and privacy laws will be cited. But, then again, maybe they will be forced to give a public explanation as they did in the recent Air Canada SFO near disaster. You can see how the original media release stresses that 'no safety events occurred during this incident'.

Will the NTSB take a look at this serious incident at a major air carrier airport? Or, will privacy laws and union pressure keep us from finding out what really happened?