PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Email address for flightcompensation.com or alternative?
Old 13th Nov 2018, 00:56
Carrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the various suggestions. An email to Bott & Co received the following reply:

"Although under the EU regulation you can bring a claim if your flight was delayed or cancelled leaving the EU or coming back in to the EU with an EU airline, unfortunately as a company we have limited jurisdiction, and so we can only assist with claims for flight that are leaving England or Wales or coming back in to England or Wales with an English or Welsh carrier and that is why we would not be able to assist with your matter.
You will have to contact a firm that deals with this area of law that is based in Portugal.
I regret that we cannot be of further assistance."

I am not sure if that is a cop out. Whatever happened to the EU's single market policy? Under this a UK firm such as Bott & Co should have no difficulty operating elsewhere in the EU. Will they not even help where Scotland and Northern Ireland are involved? Is the UK still one country?

As British expats temporarily in Canada we are disappointed but not entirely surprised. Both the UK government and the private sector have a track record of ignoring, refusing to help or even abusing British expats. eg unindexed old age pensions, crooked UK bailout banks such as NatWest unilaterally closing accounts and witholding the money (Theft!), British banks refusing to open new accounts for British expats, taxpayer-funded CAA refusal to help and now private sector refusal to act on flight delay compensation.

Expats should not waste their time asking for help from UK flight delay operations. I shall have to try elsewhere.

Again thanks for the suggestions. I am sure these were made in good faith and other PPRuNers will be disappointed to see the response.

Last edited by Carrier; 13th Nov 2018 at 00:57. Reason: Spelling