PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Decompression
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2001, 05:52
manuel ortiz

I went to fly A-319's to south america for a few months and had the following experience at Cusco , a nice tawn in Peru with 11,300 feet elev. in the andes.
By the way , if you ever go there ask for the jump seat to see the landing .

So we where as part of a visiting group watching an old church, my wife to my left and a very young beautifull woman to my right , well suddenly this last one starts leaning on my right shoulder ....WOW hmmmm sh...t this had not happened to me before and now my wife being right here ...NO!!! maybe this beautifull girl has not realized abaut my wife ? hmmmm maybe if I turn a bit and wisper to see us a bit later ?
She starts now leaning her head onto my right and well "developed pectoralis"
:-0 continuing dawn !!!!!!
Uuups , UUUUPPSS I better stop alucinating ! she is falling unconscious .......
Still prevented her from hitting ground but took abaut a minute for us to wake her up (unfortunatelly no CPR was needed)

I was really interested in asking if she had felt any disconfort or sign of what was coming , she said no , one moment she was there and ok and suddenly she woked up on the ground.
High altitude created this sort of event that day also for another visiting person, both of them during their SECOND day there.
Interesting , I had shortness of breath but only on my second night and while in bed ,
( No , not with her ...
You know why shortness of breath while in bed ? Serious now , looks like your lungs get kind of crushed and get less air capacity I guess.

So , food for thoughts folks !!!

Ah, if you go there , be carefull with the teas you drink , the most comon is the coca tea , it comes in regular nice tea bags and you could have throubles with your medical,
read the label first.

By the way , the andes is a very large region with high MEA's , escape routes are needed , we use special emergency 02 generators for pax in case of depress. this to have more time at high alt to reach lower terrain.

Nuf said folks , Cheers

Manuel