PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan from the US
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2018, 11:15
FlyTCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by de fumo in flammam
Sure is no need for that at Ryanair. But with their new seniority list, how would you feel coming in junior to teenagers fresh out of high school and flying school? At least in the US majors, the people above you will be graduates, ex mil pilots, ex airline/corporate/GA/regionals etc!
News flash, that has been going on for a long time at airlines in Europe, just like everywhere else. I have 20 years of flying behind me and if I were to apply to RyanAir (I’d rather be unemployed than work for that scumbag airline) I would have to face the fact of possibly having teenagers with 250 hours who can’t grow a beard above me on the list as they joined before I did.

If you keep track of what’s going on in the hiring at the US carriers you will know that even the majors are hiring everyone from their mid 20s up to late 50s, so I fail to see your argument in regards to the difference between hiring in the US vs Europe. What matters is your DOJ, which I am sure you are aware of. Once you are hired your experience means nothing in regards to seniority, you have your number and as long as you stay put at that airline that number is all that matters.

As for having a college degree or not, me personally, I couldn’t care less if the pilot sitting next to me has a BS or not. I care about him/her being a competent pilot.