PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe pilot develops a fear of flying
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2018, 10:26
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by A Squared
Well, taking the article at face value, he had a mental health issue that manifested itself in way that were disruptive to the company operations and for a year and a half, the airline bent over backwards to get him back in the air, including letting him ride around on the jumpseat to get used to being in an airplane, and letting him return to duty with an extra pilot in board to take over in case he became unable to perform his duties mid-flight, and despite that, he still wasn't able to function at his job. So, they offered him a non-flying position.

Unless large parts of this have been misrepresented in the article, it seems to me that the airline bent over backward to accommodate him.
Yes have to say to me it looks like that from what is written in the DM piece... It looks to me simply from what has been written that the problem is not a lack of support from the company, it is that from strictly legal POV a procedural step in the dismissal process was missed, and it is that failure of process which has led to the Judge's decisions.