PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2018, 07:55
Sk1schoolsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canberra97

China have recently relaxed the rules regarding the one airline one route policy although that doesn't mean that EDI will ever have competition from Beijing.

Air China don't operate any long haul flights from Hong Kong so that discussion is rather irrelevant.

I think everyone is getting a bit carried away with these ''made up'' rumours regarding EDI gaining a flight to Hong Kong if it does ever happen it's going to be a long wait.

As Skipness points out it took years for MAN to regain CX and I should imagine that it will take just as long for EDI.

CX are very conservative regarding their long haul expansion, the airline started CPH and DUS only to cancel both destinations not long after starting them and that would more than likely be the scenario at EDI.

A question for SchoolboySam

Where are you getting these so called rumours regarding Westjet and EDI, are you sure that it's not a fragment of your imagination?

Rumours need to have at least some substance behind them otherwise there just wishful thinking rumours more than likely started by over enthusiastic schoolboys.
Thank goodness I have a sense of humour Canberra97 otherwise I would interpret your manipulation of my Login Avatar as rude. 😝

If you take the time to look back at earlier posts you will understand I refer to:

Plane mad 134 , 22nd Oct 2018 20:38
Latest rumour I heard is Air Canada and Westjet both in talks with the airport for a year round Toronto service, fingers crossed this happens