PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Company Survey
Thread: Company Survey
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2018, 05:54
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rated De
Folks, engagement is not a positive or negative; it's binary.

Whether you fill it in and 'let them have it' or praise them you are engaged.

Practicing indifference is a very worthwhile past time.
Their system is not to find out whether you approve or not, rather that they still have your attention.

By way of an analogy imagine the months (for those of you who have) prior to the end of a marriage: The fighting is over, the screaming is usually done what is left is an empty resolution. There is no need for couple's counselling, it is a void.
The most confronting thing to IR is indifference. From a Machiavellian perspective the 'dark art' of IR is about control, be it contractual or perceived. Taking away their perceived control is very powerful.

They know not what people think, they can't counter it. All they have left is the contract and that totally dis-empowers the floors of people at Cathay Pacific City who spend their work time in the 'dark art'
I think this is spot on.

I've filled out some of these in the past. Notably in the recent past when things have gone south--as well as indicated what I believe needed to be fixed (which were echoed by many colleagues).

From what I remember first time, nothing got fixed and things got worse.

Next time, nothing got fixed and things got worse.

On a personal level, why would I invest time when clearly they aren't interested in mine (or others) legitimate issues and potential solutions to the problem ? (if you are deluding yourself they might be, do you really need more evidence than the imposition of POS 18 to prove that this is simply not the case ?) When (more like if) they are willing to listen I'm more than willing to help but they are not so I won't. If I'm going to play games there should be some fun involved.

The key to 'solving' this entire problem is to minimize the time and impact the company can have on your life, enjoy your life, maximize your time doing stuff you like to do with people you enjoy being around, and don't give bad people rent-free real estate inside your head.

FWIW, prudence likely dictates having an exit strategy of some sort (whether that's when to pull the pin and quit or go elsewhere as soon as possible if you want to continue some form of airline career). This ALSO is beneficial in that it really cuts down ON the potential to let others live rent-free where they should not.