PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 23:27
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
As other posters have pointed out, it seemed a remarkable coincidence that EK started the day after EY stopped. There hav been rumours of a tie up between the two airlines.
In which Tim Clarke CEO of Emirates has recently made a press release in which he states that they are just rumours and that there is not going to be any tie up between the two airlines although though they will look at cooperating with one another in various parts of their operations.

The rumours regarding a tie up or merger between Emirates and Etihad are way off the mark although in the years going forward I can see some sort of tie up between the two airlines but for now there is no substance behind these rumours.

Etihad is drastically reducing it's network and is delaying aircraft deliveries so we're see where the airline finds itself in the coming years.

I personally think that Emirates and Etihad will end up merging at some point but there are too many Egos involved and I don't think that I need to explain who they are.

The management at EDI obviously knew when Etihad were ceasing the airport and probably when Emirates made their decision to fly from the airport it was obviously a good business move to start DXB the day after Etihad ceased AUH, no conspiracies no coincidence just good marketing.