PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Update
Thread: Gulf Air Update
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 11:23
tiger1975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still one of the worst employers in the Gulf area....I really don't see any valid reason as to why a qualified pilot would wanna apply in GF.
Leaves cancelled with 24 hour notice, 4 sectors per day, 90 plus hours a month, outdated pay regarding accommodation (700BHD) not enough to rent anything
descent, extremely poor school allowances, probably the worst of all the Arab employers, I can go on and on and on....
GF is what we call.....a used to be airline back in the 80's and 90's......its days are well over since many years ago....
one would have to be crazy to apply there, they also have been known to fire and terminate pilots contracts overnight...this happened to friends of mine in 2014 where a lot of expats who joined the airline just 6 months ago were terminated and sent home!!
come on lets be realistic here....there are much better options out there.....with better pay, better allowances, commuting roster, and leaves that will not be cancelled 24 hours before you go to the airport to go on vacation with your family.....