PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or Virgin? Which is better?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2018, 11:52
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
TBH honest having flown a fair few times on Shorthaul flight deck jumpseats (thanks to those involved ) and sat behind a few briefs I'm sensing there's a little bit of exaggeration going on here by some posters, maybe for effect...either that or some people have got really really short attention spans. Genuine question (yes I know we are still off topic, so definitely my last post in this context):

1. Experience levels across the BA Fleets vary and given the size of some status lists you've possibly never flown with your "mate" before and don't have handle on how much briefing the person in the other seat needs...you might be suprised how much briefing some folks need...not everybody is an ace...

2. From a long haul POV and as a FWIW I wouldn't regard a 5 minute brief/discussion on the joys of an LDA into the likes of HND as being terribly excessive, especially if the briefer was a regular to that place since I am not. OTOH 5 minutes into LHR on a NATO standard day...perhaps not..What's your cutoff? Any thing above 2 min is too much, regardless of circumstances?

3. If what you guys regard as overbriefing is so endemic don't just whinge here, that won't fix a thing - Make the point direct to Training management ( via Post flight reviews/Sim & line check debriefs/ even yammer...), with examples such as you have given above.