PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair 737-800 impounded at Bordeaux-Mérignac airport
Old 10th Nov 2018, 06:30
Sonikt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EIFFS

There is a world of difference between the .com bubble where certain companies were worth billions but had never made a cent in profits, some are still out there Tesla are worth more than Ford or GM but only ever made a profit in the last quarter, ditto Amazon, meanwhile in Dublin the pile it high sell it cheap policy has seen them become the biggest airline by passenger numbers in Europe and very cash rich....So FR will pay up when and only when it suits them or they have a gun held to their heads as in this case, it’s small beans, maybe a couple hours profit or 20 minutes of revenue, they know nobody likes them, they know they are the cheapest and they simply don’t care what people think, this isn’t a bubble that’s about to burst.
Thanks for such a comprehensive and detailed response. Have you been reading Ryanair's anual report, or did you perhaps write it?

The fact that such a rebuttal is felt needed speaks volumes.

What about the banking crisis? They were mostly cash rich but I recall it was the unresolved liabilities that unstuck them...

But what do I know, I'm just a casual observer, so I guess history will have to be my judge.

Last edited by Sonikt; 10th Nov 2018 at 08:04.