PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Politics Hamsterwheel v2.0
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 15:26
Ancient Mariner

Originally Posted by ethicalconundrum View Post
Well, since the US is a republic, and for the federal bench judges are appointed and reviewed by senate, I guess making a mockery of democracy is part of the system.

Should the US change it's form of govt to a democracy, then judges would be a pure election choice by the people. Certainly no chance of partisanship creeping in with that program - eh? Maybe you should study up on US form of govt, and on judges being elected in the various state and find out how partisan that process is. Maybe we should print the names of potential judges on a ping-pong ball and use one of those lotto machines to select judges. That way, merit and judicial integrity play no part in the process. But wait - how do we select the names to go on the ping pong balls? I know - we'll use a swim suit competition. Oh wait - Miss America got rid of that, too misogynistic. Scrabble tournament? lolz....
Maybe you should check out how it works in some of the better democracies. No, we don't use ping pong balls, and no, we are no banana republic where a politician can stop investigations.
Never believed a "country" could go down the drain so fast.
Per