PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or Virgin? Which is better?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 14:07
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 757_Driver
I'm aware of the BA being described above - and yes it's driven by a training department largely run by people who have never, ever done anything else - BA cadet, BA TFO, BA TC , BA flight training management.
Massive confirmation bias as everything they do agrees with everything they've seen but they don't realise they've never really seen much. 10,000 hours flying the same aircraft for the same operator under the same micromanagement isn't actually "experience" in any meaningful way..
dare I say I don’t really recognise that state of affairs, at least on the Fleet I’m on....FWIW one of the most recent senior senior standards TCs on my fleet was ex Tornadoes, the last few TCs I’ve had dealings with were, for better or worse ex RAF ....so you could perhaps start blaming the Air Force for the training environment but OTOH I gather some of those guys (and others) weren’t backwards at coming forwards in Training meetings when the level of BS got too thick. Also I’m certainly seeing quite a few of training co-pilots on “my” fleet who are ex other commercial operators, often European, so I’m not sure the argument that the majority of trainers at BA haven’t seen anything else or operated in another environment holds any water on all Fleets..is this supposed phenomenon perhaps a big/small Airbus “thing”?