PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 11:07
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Construction update

This is the terminals grand entrance. Personally I think it is a shocker. The slatted wood gaps are too wide and only covers the middle section with almost every pipe, cable, trunking and heating duct on show. Not content with this a careful look over at Pret shows two massive heating ducts that jut out below the natural height of the ceiling. What can't be seen in this photo is a matching gap either side of the slats. Also seen is the mass of filler that has replaced the broken floor tiles.

Into the new terminal extension by the airside exit shows that the slats don't even cross at right angles in the direction people walk so blocking part of the view of the services. What is quite nice is the large screen video wall showing video and arrival times located behind the temporary arrivals sign.

I actually have doubts whether the rest of the new build will even get a slatted ceiling as it achieves little. Also I don't know why they didn't spray all the silver black to help hide it.

Outside another section of covered bus waiting area is being covered in fabric.

Windows have arrived onsite to part cover the old temporary entrance. As seen work continues on the main walk to the terminal which is having a more moderate slope put in.

Meanwhile sheet piling is being put in at the station site while the concrete piling to the right and out of sight is being exposed.

Sheet piling is also being sunk just behind the crane for the temporary road route. With a small parking area going in which is being tarmacked in this photo, I am now starting to think that all road traffic will end up going around the bus station roundabout so allowing a section of cut and cover to be dug out. Also the easyjet building is having its orange restored so it would seem that they are going nowhere.

Work is continuing on the foundations of the second multistory. The footprint of this second multistory is truly massive. In the distance can be seen work on Foxtrot being carried out.

Finally the leveling of the ground for taxiway foxtrot and the deicing pads is taking place just by the long term car park.

Last edited by LTNman; 9th Nov 2018 at 11:38.