PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe Conditions
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 09:19
FlyTCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe le Taxi
Yes, the aggregated long term difference in salary would be enormous. Home every night too (more or less), for the work/life balance.

Biz jet operators really need to do something about the pay levels. Only in the US is VIP/corporate now a sensible career choice.
Actually it’s not. There is an enormous exodus of talent leaving biz jets going to the airlines in the US (similar to what’s heppening in Europe, only to a larger extent) and the brain drain currently happening is a major issue in regards to safety in that part of the industry. Even a career at a ULLC like Spirit offers a better career short- and longterm. Some biz jet operators ​​​are aware of this and try to catch up, but they keep falling short. And, it’s not only about money, it’s about QOL with number of days off per month, some control over your schedule and job security. A newly minted, young pilot in the US would be a fool to look at a long term career in the biz jet side of aviation versus going 121. Best is to quickly get on with a regional carrier, build up your hours and as soon as meeting the requirements apply to the majors.

Bear in mind, I’m a the biz jet pilot myself so I’m not writing this as a 121 pilot recruiter, just relaying what’s going on in the US side of the pond. I have a green card but as I have no intention of moving back to the US I’m staying at my rotational BBJ gig.