PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of the AFPRB as we know it?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 08:09
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by The Nip

I am sure that I have read somewhere about the differences between AFPS 75 and the others.
My understanding is AFPS 75 is fully protected. The others did not have the same level of protection due to the legal way they were written.

Someone will be along to correct me?
It may well be - I'm no expert on pensions policy - but they can still easily knobble you if the political pressure grows to an unsustainable level to narrow the gap between public and private sector pensions. All it takes is to increase the multiplication factor used to calculate the notional tax value and your pension instantly becomes less valuable in terms of the amount landing in your bank account because more is removed in tax because you now exceed a notional limit. That I can see happening quite easily and would be a vote winner. Never mind that the private sector can afford to pay out eye watering sums to its Execs, and should probably therefore look internally first off, it's lets hammer the public sector pension season. And that is a real worry as we approach the back end of a weak Parliament with votes needing to be won.