PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 07:17
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CYTN
Again , I am just curious . If they replaced a sensor should this show up on the maintenance log ? , I cannot see it . I see fushing and testing but no reference to a replacement part . Also my point as regards fitting a different part type , I was not specifically hinting at a copy but rather using a similar part that may be considered an acceptable replacement if the exact matched part was unavailable at the time .
Agree. I don't see anything on the aircraft log that indicates a part was replaced. It seems like I recently read that the AoA sensor was replaced on flight prior to flight immediately before the accident flight.

Edit: Now I'm scratching my head. I was trying to verify where I read that the AoA sensor wasn't replaced on the DPS-CGK flight shown on the log page, but on a prior flight, and it seems I read it in a post you made.

Originally Posted by CYTN
KNKT states AoA sensor replaced on 28TH Oct prior to JT43 flight to Jakarta . but that flight still had issues . So was the sensor probe not the core issue . Could it have been an issue with the mounting . Or something else beyond this . Could the sensor that was replaced be a different part type to the origional . Just asking those of better understanding .

Last edited by A Squared; 9th Nov 2018 at 07:35.