PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB banned medicines - 4 years jail
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 05:37
rcsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet this is a text book case of left hand and right hand not knowing etc etc... 10 bucks says the Ministry of Health has introduced legislation to control / ban import and use of fake, expired and inappropriate meds, without considering implications for EK/tourism/transit pax/DAC etc etc.

Either this won't be enforced in the airport; or it will be, and there will be international outcry following a handful of arrests, and the law will be changed/muted; or EK and DAC will see passenger numbers fall (further) as a consequence.

I travel with a pod of antibiotics, some painkillers, a few other emergency meds. I'll vote with my feet, on principal and choice, and will just avoid EK + Dubai until there's some clarity.

One thing puzzling me, though - is this Dubai only, or UAE? I passed through AHD on the Unmentionable the other day and there was absolutely no sign of checks or searches, no signage, no warnings that I could see. The Unmentionable upgraded me to 1st, too - so maybe the solution is to fly EH or QR until Dubai gets their act together.