PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DPA members to vote on training ban
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 01:46
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by GMEDX
<div style="text-align:left;"><br />Yes United, sit back and expect the trainers to carry the burden and then attack them if they chose not to join in the industrial action for which they have been volunteered. Without a united front of CC too this isn’t gong to work.<br />It won’t get voted in anyway as the silent majority don’t want to lose the RPA and leave scheme.</div><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />This is an interesting argument. Who would carry the burden of a training ban? Who would carry the burden of a wider industrial campaign in contract compliance? A recruitment ban?<br /><br />Everyone will lose out somewhere. If this is the path KA pilots are headed ( a wider CC campaign ) as predicted by retired managers last year, it pays to be brutally frank who the losers are going to be. And that means being honest about what's been going on now. An example being G day working and excessive OT payments- which I believe are one primer for the vulnerability of our leave scheme. Clerks have a list of pilots hunting work on their G days , brimming with the most expensive ones ( have a think about the costs a pilot with additions on their base wage ), who they call every day to cover the program. RPA scheme ? Some of these guys are even working on their leave so it's money and more money they want and not lifestyle or even fatigue protection! It's been a pot of gold and contract compliance would strip a percentage of the membership of a lot of money. More so than the DPA can achieve and good luck with the moral argument- I wouldn't want to get between these guys and a pot of gold and all I can hope for is their kids end up on COS 18.

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 9th Nov 2018 at 02:07.