PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2018, 09:36
Volume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have trimmed for a speed and configuration, then you shouldn't need to trim again and again. Don't fly it on the trim. If you're using the trim more than the elevator, you're doing something fundamentally wrong.
This is what I meant speaking of unharmonized training. I experienced different flight instructors with different policies. Even my examiner had another opinion, and criticised that I did not use trim intensively enough... He obviously loved to fly on the trim.
Basically if you have to do the same elevator correction again and again, you should better use the trim...
Even if you have trimmed for a speed and configuration you are burning fuel and therefore need to apply corrections from time to time, unless the autopilot does this for you. These corrections should be done by trim.

In modern aircraft trim is less and less used by the pilots actively, autotrim has widely replaced it. Another skill eroding...

Interesting and highly plausible scenario ExSp33db1rd.
Maybe already too complex, maybe you do not even need g forces...
If it takes the force of 4 hands on the wheels to prevent the aircraft from nosediving, which hand do you use to operate the trim cutout switches ?