PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 8th Nov 2018, 01:00
GrayHorizonsHeli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike78
As stated in my post earlier in this thread, I am not a pilot. I am however, a groundsman, and have worked in stadium environments on and off for many years. What I can tell you is that if standard post match practices were carried out (they may well not have been, given the circumstances), there is a very good chance that any missing components would have been found, if they were on the pitch itself.

Immediately following matches at this level, pitches are effectively 'hoovered' with mowers to remove debris - this debris includes organic debris i'e., tufts of grass etc, and also objects thrown onto the pitch - coins is the common issue in this respect. If a nut, or other component was on the pitch, it would have been found during the post match 'clean up, or failing that, during the next cut as the mower blades would 'find' it.

I suspect however that all pitch maintenance activities would have been suspended immediately given the nature and location of the incident. That said, if there were any components on the pitch, they would most definitely have been found by now.

dont make the assumption, or imply that i did, that it fell out into the grass. more than likely it stayed within the cowlings, at least until the crash anyways