PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newlywed Helo Crash in Texas
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2018, 01:21
SandBlaster214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're correct, 'ethical' - it wasn't for stability by any stretch and it was never presented as such, but it was suggested for providing a bit of resistance on a loose cyclic, you know, for sneezes, coughs, or when looking across the panel or radio array so your cyclic hand wasn't prone to unconsciously follow your gaze... stuff like that.

I just read that same report a few minutes earlier Airbubba. So, I heard someone earlier in the thread making noise about age. What "magic" age are we talking here? Now, I'm not so obstinate as to not believe age may (or may not) have been a factor, but to arbitrarily throw an "elderly" statement out there? The dude from the Kane'hoe accident that supposedly suffered some kinduv a medical fit was 57. Is he to be arbitrarily considered elderly, or unfit, or otherwise questionable because he's >55 years old --- how about >50? August 27, 1990 another dark, tragic day in helicopter history (and especially sad for us here in the Great Sovereign State of Texas) - the "magic" age of that pilot was a mind boggling 42 years old. Ironically enough, the age difference notwithstanding, there are a few striking similarities between the two accidents. I'll agree with SASless, this kind of unfortunate stuff doesn't seem to be age discriminatory.

Regardless - like too many others, this one had a very sad outcome. To the families and friends of the victims, my heartfelt condolences and may their kin rest in peace. RIP-SRV - 27AUG90. To all the Rotorheads - be careful, fly safe and may good fortune seek you out.