PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marks & Spencer Phone Call - Spam?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2018, 22:15
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
There is one aspect of this whole business that I find difficult to comprehend. A look at the locations of those who have commented upon this thread suggests that this seems almost to be a worldwide assault. At the local level here in one of the lesser colonies in OZ, it comes up in casual conversation quite often, which means that it's a common nuisance here also. Somewhere there must a room(s) with an unlimited phone service with thousands of people making these calls to citizens of the world 24/7. This is a growth industry. Factually of course, it's no different in motive to any other attempt to swindle people by any of the other time proven methods over the years - pickpockets to name just one. It used to be faintly amusing; no longer. Fact is that these b@st@rds are blatant liars with robbery / theft as their intention, and as such are a blight on common decency which distinguishes us from earlier types of upright evolutionary forms. But then again, I read the papers, I see the TV news, I watch politicians answering questions, and I ponder. (You get my drift....)

Incidentally, I can report report that despite my earlier elation in reporting that they appear to have forgotten me; it was short lived. Four calls yesterday (sigh). All of our phone calls with a caller ID which is not immediately recognisable are now taken in the first instance by the answering machine.

Last edited by FullOppositeRudder; 7th Nov 2018 at 03:51. Reason: A feeble attempt to comply with grammatical expectations ..