PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet boarding in Geneva
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2003, 17:06
Memetic
Supercalifragilistic
expialidocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EasyJet boarding in Geneva

Flew back from Geneva on EasyJet on Tuesday and was puzzled by the boading process. Can anyone shed some light on the logic behind it?

I assume there must be some unless the system was designed to wind up us queue obsessed Brits!

As ever, as soon as the inbound flight arrived a queue formed, the ground staff announced no need to queue yet as we would not be boarding for a while.

Time passed the queue grew.

Finally they announced we would be boarding - by boarding number. Cue grumbles from the queue.

Then the confusion started, it turned out the numbers they were using were not the ones printed on the pass but numbers hand written on the pass.

I'm sure this made the process more hassle than it needed to be as numerous people were complaining at the gate that they were in that block , "see, the number is clearly printed" etc.

So why print numbers and handwrite different ones? It is just asking for problems.

Memetic.

P.S. I was not the English guy at the gate whining loudly about the system being stupid and that "They don't do this at Luton you know"!