PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2018, 22:38
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by gulliBell
And in this instance where an air data computer (or whatever gizmo) was replaced as a fix for a defect entered into the technical log, is a maintenance assessment flight required to actually check that the fault has been fixed?
Nothing was replaced following the previous DPS-CGK flight (for which we have seen the tech log).

As I posted on the day after the crash:

Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong (I belong to the avionics = PFM school), but the rectification action carried out for that entry in the tech log appears to have been to clean the connector plug on the elevator feel computer followed by a ground test, which was successful.

I'd have thought that (a) the EFC might well have been performing correctly anyway (in flight), given that the warning light responds to differences in either hydraulic pressure or pitot dynamic pressure, which were presumably detected by the EFC and (b) a ground test wouldn't necessarily be able to reproduce either of those conditions.

I'd be interested to know what procedure the AMM prescribes for diagnosing and rectifying this issue.
I haven't seen any subsequent posts re what the AMM says.