PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 5th Nov 2018, 22:07
Flying Bull

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas coupling
Stop talking Bull, flying bull.
Rules is rules. Police ops is no different from any other form of commercial operation. It isn't the military in a different dress remember.
Scum/crims/missing persons are not worth bending rules for. If you start getting captions or planning to land in a field at night instead of burning the extra fuel to get back home, you're not a pro - bro! You are a risk taker and your crew would not thank you for it long term.
Attempting to land into an unauthorised LZ at night RATHER than going home is far too dangerous an option and you know it.....
In the UK we call this: Pressonitis - and it kills inocent people.
Who knows - this may have been the cause of this crash
TC - different country, different rules.
here police helicopters are flown from police officers, having extra rights but due to being a police officer - also extra duties.
Within that frame I have to play it as save as it is possible.
Weatherminima i.e. a should, not a must, it’s up to the crew how far/low we go, even under powerlines, if necessary.
We also donˋt have unauthorized LZ - we are allowed to land nearly everywhere, day and night, only a few cities, where we need extra permissions.
With your limited knowledge about our rules and tasks, I can understand your post, but I donˋt have a deathwish.
I ˋm operating within the borders of our regulations and an outside landing, even with NVG, isnˋt a big deal with at least ⅓ rd of my flying being at night