PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Priority For Boarding
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2018, 14:28
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by junior.VH-LFA
I’m an ADF member.

I think it’s hilarious that Virgin (and Scomo for that matter) think this is a priority when mental health support for veterans suffering from PTSD remains under funded, DVA argues the point to the literal cent with people with permanent injuries received in combat and at home through bad WH&S practices and more diggers are killing themselves every year than what we ever lost in Afghanistan.

While I’m sure Virgin means well, I don’t know anyone either past or present ADF that’s asked for it, or would want this over the government actually looking after the people they’ve assisted in breaking.

No one wants discounts, we don’t want your thanks (although I’m sure it’s appreicated), what everyone wants is for those who are suffering to be looked after and helped, even if it costs the government some money.
Hear, Hear. I haven't been in the services but my Dad was between wars, my Grandad was in WWI and his brother was killed in WWII. That means I have some concept of people broken by war and that my Mum never got to meet her Uncle. I would rather pay higher taxes to make sure people who answered the call are looked after properly. I'd rather buy a digger a coffee and chat about what they did (not intrusively) to show real interest and appreciation rather than some empty gesture that costs nothing. Excellent article in the New Daily sums it up.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...uge-scoundrel/