PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another A380 Woe?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2018, 11:41
Turbine D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original Posting by Commander Taco:
Turbine D: Buy yourself a subscription to Flight International. Go back into their back issues archives for roughly four years and start reading up until present day. You'll see these engines have/had some very serious issues and yet when initially certified received 180 minutes "out of the box", as the jargon goes.
I worked in the aircraft engine industry for 40 years, first developing processes for manufacturing engine components and then the last 26 years working for a major engine manufacturer. I'd be interested in your aircraft engine background and experience besides reading Flight International. I find it amusing, but sad, that the authors of many published magazine articles about aircraft engines, Flight International included, have problems distinguishing turbine blades from compressor blades from fan blades let alone identifying the correct cause of technical problems or the seriousness or not. If you want to obtain correct information before white-washing the entire industry, befriend someone who works in the aircraft engine industry.