PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish (private) jet down in Iran
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2018, 07:35
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Deec
Very true but unfortunately computers are better at flying planes than us weakest link humans are... they are much quicker at identifying tech /inst problems before our small brains can get our heads around a very complicated problem... Add into the mix short rest periods, fatigue, high alt ,flying long sectors through different time zones and you've got a recipe for disaster. There really is no real need for pilots any more when you think about it .
So, now you read AF447 up and tell me exactly what a computer would have done there, when precisely what the Atari did was to say: take over please, Iīm basically at the end of my wisdom and canīt make out what happens here.

WHY a crew of 3 professionals canīt understand that they just lost the pitots is a different question, one of training IMHO. Especially when the BirginAir and AeroPeru crashes were basically old news and very much accessible news.

I can tell you that we train with an international provider of the highest standards and we had to request this training to get it. EASA thinks its way more important to train one engine out scenarios until the doctor arrives, rather than the deadly stuff that really happens nowadays...