PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is happening with the MULTICOM?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2018, 01:01
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
Can we please move away from this ridiculous nonsense about mandatory/recommended/not in AIP/I'm not saying a word/you talk too much bla bla bla

There is a set of calls (not many) in AIP, which if everybody followed, there wouldn't be a problem. I just don't get why there is so much angst. As is the case with other aspects of the regs themselves, 166 is just a copout to hang some poor bugger, like the "you must lookout" stuff.

If anything, the yabberers are only complying with CAR 166, because they are announcing their position to a potentially unknown aircraft "anywhere" in the sky.

No Bloggs. What is ridiculous is the ongoing confusion over what calls are required at non-towered aerodromes and where and when they should be made. It’s not helped by people perpetuating myths.

Omitting calls likely to add to safety is just as bad as making too many of them. CASA’s CAR 166 is a cop out, especially when pilots are in the vicinity of Reg and Cert aerodromes with attendant high traffic. They need to bite the bullet and require a minimum number of calls rather than making suggestions which is all the AIP and CAAP do.

As my RAPAC rep says...”it’s a bit of an anomaly”....Isn’t it?

kaz