PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2018, 00:05
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by topgunT23
Cheers youngretired
Can anyone help with quick mental maths techniques for the likes of the tests? i.e. A man exchanges 368 pounds for dollars at an exchange rate of 1 pound=1:72 dollars. How many dollars does he get in return? (answer to the nearest dollar)
If you travel 1248 miles, how much fuel will you need if you burn 4500 kgs per hour and are travelling at 72O mph?;
A 737 flies 930 miles in 75 minutes. How many miles does it fly in 4 hours 45 minutes assuming as constant speed?
If an aircraft departed an airfield and headed directly south for 16 miles and then turned onto a heading of 27O degrees for 12 minutes at an average speed of 80 miles per hour, how many miles is it (in a straight line) from its original destination?
How many nautical miles can an aircraft travel if it is carrying 288O kgs of fuel and burns 240 kgs an hour averaging a speed of 375 knots?

This sort of thing. It's up there but a bit cloudy after not using it for so long, so any quick help or poke in the right direction, as the topic has no doubt been covered on here before, would be greatly appreciated. Don't mean to hijack the post. If I need to ask elsewhere or start a new thread, please let me know.
What companies are you applying to where you need this?

It is just practise for sure, but I don't see many companies who uses such tests that much.