PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO Shortage UK
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2018, 19:00
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mike current,

What you are experiencing is just life - over on Military Aviation the same thing happens. I bet your folks and other older family members keep saying 'Back in the old days...'. When I was a young nav' on Hercs the older guys, or what I came to call the Glenn Miller generation couldn't come to terms with my generation, 'The Beatles generation". Then when I started at LATCC in the 70s there was once again a great gulf between the older 'always wearing suits ' guys and us scruffy youngsters who grew our hair and eventually wore jeans and casual tops to work.

When I talk about football, sorry Zooker it is more important than life or death ( Bill Shankly ), I expect my off-spring get fed up with me saying in the old days ' nobody dived, the nearest player to the ball retrieved it for a throw-in, no-one argued with the ref' etc. Incidentally some of us used to go for a pint at lunchtime and then go back to work. I know it would be a sacking offence now - the world is constantly changing and I'll bet if my grandson, who I mentioned above, ever joins ATC he will get upset by people from your generation going on about the good old days. Cos' for sure as eggs is eggs you will be doing it.

I'm glad you love your career - just as we old farts did.