PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2018, 15:50
TartinTon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Flybe right now are having a bit of a tough time and their competitors will likely be very much aware of this.

What stops the likes of Easyjet and Ryanair from deploying A320 / B737 aircraft on Flybe's main trunk routes ? I'm thinking of the likes of SOU-EDI/GLA/MAN/JER/AMS and the equivalent out if EXT, BHX and MAN ? Easyjet have not been afraid to make life harder for Flybe on the Isle of Man

As relatively short routes, runway length becomes less important. The only thing I can think of is competition law (I can't really see MOL worrying that aggressive competition would not look very nice to the middle classes !) but as long as LCCs can show they were not price dumping they would presumably have a defence in court
A couple of questions:

1/ What makes you think Easy or Ryan give much of a hoot what Flybe do when they seem quite capable of hitting the self-destruct button all by themselves.
2/ Suppose they did want to hurt Flybe...it's a 70+ aircraft airline..where are they supposed to source that number of hulls with crews from to make a difference.

Flybe are UK only...Easy and Ryan are true pan-European airlines....I suspect what Flybe does goes largely beneath both companies notice (apart from comedy value) until such time as the routes become of interest due to implosion.