PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 4th Nov 2018, 14:53
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Torquetalk;10301362]Is max power not limited by automatic switching to an OEI mode as with the 139? Lowing the collective in a 139 reject is to check the climb and intiate descent, and need not be (often should not be) a big reduction.

I don't know on the 169, I've only got as far as looking at it for a prospective purchaser, but the reject should only need a check down. I don't know how the 169 protections work, but what you state is logical. I do think that the thinking from the colonies is that a Class 1back-up is either complex or tough on the aircraft. It just isn't. In fact the easiest part of it is that apart from a look to make sure you're inside SSE, and the thing isn't on fire, the whole reject is flown on the edge of the translational burble, giving fantastic references for speed being right, allowing eyes out to touch down, and that is the same on every aircraft I've flown with such a profile apart from the S76.

SND