PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2018, 13:30
Fly757X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its just lack of choice sending passengers away. Failed routes in the past (During times of global economic instability causing loss of travellers) have hampered the airports chances for routes in the future. I do remain optimistic about Loganair. Increasing frequency and up-gauging before the route has even begun is a big statement. Historically operating Manchester and Dublin as well which are the airports desired routes.

I think this has been a positive year all round for the airport. Loss of Ryanair's GLA service turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The new EDI service seems to have sold really well so far and GLA seems to be doing well too. Operating 2 routes to the central belt now clearly shows the demand locally. The extra frequency on LPL this year was clearly used. (Not quite the 6 Weekly it used to be but its a start.) London has seen good load factors again this year. Finally PMI was full for all the dates expected. Movements up, Business traffic up, and rumblings on potential developments in the future. All coupled together with the before mentioned Loganair expansion on GLA for next year, momentum is growing. Hopefully the airport capitalise on it.

In other news, there WILL be a new operator for PMI next year (not confirmed as of yet) but with that potentially up-gauging to a -800 or an A320. Thomson's Summer 2020 scheme is to go on sale on the 8th of November too.

Something else that went un-noticed was the Balkan Holidays had "Derry" as a listing at one point for 2019. It was to operate for 8 Weeks during June/July to Burgas. However this was removed earlier in the year.

Sorry for the thesis, I was on a spree.