PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Regional-3
Thread: BMI Regional-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2018, 10:07
Bristol_Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BRU situation is odd, for a number of reasons.

Is Brussels bringing an RJ85 back into fleet, or using a different operator under a wetlease arrangement? If that's the case, why isn't there a wetlease operator showing on those flights? Or is the RJ85 just a placeholder for 'some other aircraft'.

Why did SN transfer *operation* of the route to BM? It's a BM route these days, codesharing back to SN. Why take it back again? Or have BM given it back?

I can maybe understand a a capacity issue driving the change, but the load factors to BRU aren't dangerously overcrowded. And surely an RJ85 is less efficient on a seat cost per kilometre basis than an Emby?

It looks like change is coming, and I'll be glad if SN come back to operating (for all the Star Alliance reasons), but I'm not sure it means an RJ85 is coming to the route. I could be wrong.

Also in the mix - SN and EW (Eurowings) are meant to be '''aligning" on European flight operations, with a strong inference from LH that they'll continue their policy of moving intra-European (non-hub) flying to Eurowings or similar low-cost operation. It's not clear yet if they see BRU as a hub on a par with FRA/MUC/ZRH/VIE.