PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 4th Nov 2018, 05:44
Twist & Shout

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by obnoxio f*ckwit
I’ve just picked on this individual post because it sort of illustrates my point; absolutely no criticism of it or the poster is intended.

Is it a particular helicopter thing to demand groundings the moment something happens?

On Monday a 737 crashed into the sea killing everyone on board, but I’ve yet to see any calls for 737s to be grounded.

In 2014 a 777 vanished without trace in the Indian Ocean, but I saw no calls for the 777s to be grounded, or questions about lack of emergency ADs/ASBs?

Three weeks after the 2016 EC225 crash in Norway, an Egyptian A320 crashed into the Med, with total loss of life. The cause is (AFAIK) still not known, yet our oil workers were happy to fly to Aberdeen on an Airbus A320 the next day before refusing to fly on an Airbus EC225.

What is it with helicopters that we have to react this way when our FW cousins do not?
I’m pretty sure if there was video of both wings falling off a well maintained and gently flown 737/777/A320, there would be calls to ground the type.