PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air A321/330 fleet
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2018, 07:55
PhantomPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by av8sean
Seems like EVA is heavily recruiting for TR/NTR expats on the 777. I'm more curious about the airbus side of things... Are there many expats on these fleets? Upgrades? How are the schedules/layovers considering these will be all intra-Asian flights.
Yes, there are Expats piltos in ALL positions in ALL fleets within EVA Air (also in Management positions).
The upgrade path can take you (local or expat) to any fleet. If you start as 777 FO, then after about 3 years you can get upgraded to Senior FO. Usually A321 PIC is given to Senior FOs after another 1-2years. I also know some SFO's that were upgraded to A330 PIC. On the other hand, if you are an FO and don't want to upgrade to SFO you can go ATR72 PIC. Yes, there are also Expats in the ATR72 fleet.
Most of A321/330 flights are within SE Asia, Japan. Usually turn around with a couple of 1 night layovers. A330 still does the Bali flight (of course with layover there).
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by fpuentegomez
There are no seats for expats in the A320/1 fleet, since those guys sleep at home almost every night and that is reserved for locals.

Please, do all of us a favor, don't speak about things you don't know. If you wanna find out I'll gladly answer your questions. Oh and it's a A321 fleet, there a NO A320 in EVA. Cheers